Animation style inspiration

Since the character of Van Gogh will be floating in the animation I have started looking for some references to take inspiration from for the animation. Since the centre of gravity would be different also the dynamic of a floating body would not be the same as if he was to walk. For instance, in the following video the animated character, who is floating, in the first part the breathing animation is very interesting: the legs move up slightly along with the chest when she breaths in which is something it would not happen if she would have been standing of the ground.

For the floating animation this following video may be useful to use as a reference since the floating animations are dynamic and the poses are symmetrical and they don’t appear to be stiff which is something I am trying to avoid.

For instance in this animation the action is not dynamic enough and overall it might appear repetitive

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lxd9dV

Another inspiration for the floating animation can be rise of the guardians since there are a few characters that fly and I find the animation style very interesting

For the part of the animation that is going to set place in his bedroom I could create a series of individual animations of Van Gogh’ daily life in his bedroom which are disconnected with each other but I will blend them together and will be a similar effect as the one in the following video.