Week 15: Cinematic animation

Planning your animation is essential for the final output. In order to get a good animation is important to apply cinematic rules to the 3D environment.

Gather references of the animation you are going to create is very important to achieve credibility and truthfulness of the movements.

Plan the characters animations with proxies can be useful to track what you are doing and go through different stages before getting to the final animation.

So, for this animation I have used a proxy model and applied different colours to the main block of the body to differentiate the different parts.

The model had two key poses keyed already, so I have created some hold poses from them to simulate a slow in and out of the movement.

Before starting the animation is essential to have the camera animated first so that you know which parts of the body to focus the movements and details.

When starting the animation I worked using stepped keys to plan the shot and have a clear silhouette of the character poses.

Once the main keys are set I converted the keys to linear keys to set new keyframes and breakdowns in the exact middle and to move the keys

After I reconverted the keys to stepped to adjust the keyframes just created

And the final step was to create auto keys for the dynamicity of the movement

https://vimeo.com/712897121