Week 13: character rigging and animation workshop part 3

This week I have worked on the punisher animation in the phase between stepped keys and splines and clean up.

In the timeline I have fist edited the Playback speed to real time.

From last week assignment on stepped keys I have actually misused some of the controls I haven’t used the COG correctly as well as the elbow rotation was on all of the axes instead it should have been only on z. So I have corrected these mistakes on each pose first and added some more poses in between. This is the playblast:

splines/auto

I converted the keys in splines on the timeline and this is the initial result:

I after started to work on odd keys adding animation poses, if needed, keying each control each time. The turns that the character does were the most difficult to work on since that I had to establish where the body weight should have been according to the movement. I also paid particular attention to convey some anticipation and overshoot in the movements to make the animation more dynamic and interesting.

I have noticed that from the camera view even if the posed and moments appeared to be corrected in the viewport I have noticed that the feet position and animation in the transitions were not accurate: in some cases the rotation was incorrect and they also appeared to slide in some points. In the meantime I also had a look in the graph editor to check the curves the that the controls in the different moments and axes made and applied some changes when needed. So I have corrected these mistakes as well as adjusting the weight of the body and this is the result: