Week 13: Project development – Modelling part 2

This week I have completed the modelling.

I started from adding some edge loops on the shapes since that when switching from low and high resolution view the model subdivisions where collapsing and also to make the subdivisions to be evenly distributed on each part of the model

After

Applied to the whole model:

This week I also continued experimenting with the blanket model to position on top of the mattress

I started from editing with the cloth I had created in week 12 and used the lattice tool: it surrounds an object with a box-like wireframe structure; this is the lattice the deformer is named for. The points of this structure can be selected and transformed, which also transforms the portion of the surface they enclose.

I also tried to apply the cloth to a squashed tube polygon to see how it would react compared to the plane, although the subdivisions were not enough and it was not folding enough.

After wards I carried different experiments where I have deformed the plane before applying the ncloth to it such as the soft selection to move the vertices of the plane subtly with though ruining the subdivisions levels

I ended up using a mattress cover, since I have noticed that the bed in the painting has one, and adding a deformed plane (on which I have applied the cloth to it) on top. This time I have also added as a passive collider the bed head so that the plane would bounce on it and create creases.

This is the final model: