Week 12: Project Development

Since we are doing something different for the second project, I will now pause the cat project for now and focusing only on the Fisherman project since is the one I have made a presentation of. However the cat assets modelling , rigging and texturing was a good exercise that helped me developed my skills.

Miro Board Link:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOKHnfj0=/?share_link_id=371325218573

Restart the rigging:

Since I have started rigging the fisherman character last term before this term workshops on rigging, I thought I could restart rigging the character using what I have learned form class. If I can’t make it on time I will use my old rig for the final animation.

Fishing rod

The model I had previously modelled, textured and rigged of the fishing rod had some issues in the geometry itself: it was not accused, it was not representing faithfully a real fishing rod and also the whole rigging system even thought it was functional for the animation it had some issues in the skiing, also due to the model. Since that this prop is going to be one of the focus of the animation itself I have decided to look for a more elaborated model to download and after rig myself.

In the end I have found this model on cgtroader from emelyarules:

I after created a joint chain that I binded to the geometry, as well as importing the handle I had created for the old fishing rod since the one on the model was combined on the geometry.

For the bending I have set driven keys within a range of -10 and 10 to make the fishing rod bend correspondingly upward and downward.

Animatic

Using the storyboards as a guide I have created an animatic to use as a reference for the animation.

Single frame render on an action

Reference videos and pictures for fishing

This videos and image might be helpful for me in the animation stage since there are few basic actions that I could use a reference.

These are some standard poses which outline clearly the silhouette of the character.