Week 11: Project 2 Concept

Modelling/sculpting and texturing one asset from Van Gogh’s painting “Bedroom in Arles” as a case study

For my FMP I wanted to create a short 3D animated film revolving around Van Gogh: my idea is to create a Van Gogh avatar which would take the viewers on a tour of his most famous paintings, which I would create a 3D version. I am planning to create a 3D “house” where the elements of the different painting are a part of.

According to this idea, for this premise project I want to start and create the 3D version of an object from Van Gogh’s “Bedroom in Arles” since it would be the focus of the animation and I would be able to concentrate more on the details of the texture, modelling and UV mapping which I will after apply on a bigger scale. It would also be challenging for me since Modelling, Sculpting and Texturing are skills that I am still developing.

This project would also be useful for me since I am planning onto using substance surface for the texture and this is a software I have never used before.

The asset I am going to model is the bed, since is one of the asset which draws the attention in the painting.

The following are some concepts ideas to use as a reference for the project: