Week 8: Project development process

This week I focused on animations: I have completed the animations I have started last week adding some details such as the fingers/feathers movements and the eyes too.

I have also created the idle movement for seagull a as well for him to move when is not busy in particular actions. I made the bounce of the body of the character sync with the theme song designed by the BA sound design students.

I after set up the new scenes to be animated creating new animation layers to be assigned to each control that I will b e using.

I would always animate the two characters one at a time to keep things organised

This is a playblast video of all the interactions I have worked on so far

This is the next interaction I have worked on set on the pier. for this animation I also used the voice recorded they are going to be played in the game. As always I start by assigning each control to a different animation layer for different for each character.

I also use the story script to get more detailed information about the context of the animations I was working on.

the following is a playblast video for the interaction 6 set in the pier after that the player has played the mini game where he has to get as many ice cream as he or she can.

For this scene we also needed a child crying since that all the ice creams fro the cart were eaten by the player and the seagulls so I have used a child from the university library and animated a child crying.

This is a first gameplay captures with the incorporated animation as well

I have also created a fly animation for the seagulls which might be needed for transitions in between scenes.

Unfortunately we had some issues with the mesh of seagull A in unity, even though we tried different techniques but none of them gave the desired result. It could be a problem of computing power or a defect of the program, because for the other seagull everything worked as it was supposed to using the same techniques (Convert a smooth mesh preview to polygons).